Los Feliz Electric Services
The fascinating hillside community of Los Feliz is nestled between Hollywood Griffith Park and Silver Lake.
The well-paved and shaded streets are dotted with magnificent architectural structures that ooze glamour at their finest.
The over 30,000 inhabitants of this neighborhood can always rely on RG Electric for their Los Feliz electric services.
Our experts have highlighted Los Feliz electrical services with a focus on electrical panel installations.
Los Felix is home to some of the best and well trained professional electricians. Residents of the city can seek electrical service needs ranging from;
- Electrical inspections
- Electrical repairs
- Code compliance
- Circuit breaker installations
- Emergency repairs
- Indoor and outdoor lighting
- Ceiling fan installation
- Home power surge installation
Electrical panel services are available for residents of Los Feliz who may intend to install electrical panels in their homes.
What Is An Electrical Panel?
Electrical panels are boxes that circuit breakers. As the voltage from an electrical line enters your home, it has to be evenly distributed throughout the home.
Every home has a specific number of circuits with a circuit breaker that shuts down the circuit once excessive voltage is detected.
The aim is to avoid the risk of fire and damage to other parts of the electrical system. Without a functioning electrical panel, you cannot use electricity in your home.
Importance Of Electrical Panels
Let’s take a look at three ways an electrical panel is essential to every home or commercial building.
An electrical panel houses a circuit breaker that helps prevent an electrical overload from damaging the circuits in your home’s electrical system. Once an overload is detected, the circuit breaker powering that panel will trip.
The electrical panel might look like a storage box of wires, or just a metal plate mounted on the wall. However, the electrical panel is more like a lifeline of your home electrical system. The circuit breakers in each panel allow electricity to flow around your home, evenly distributing power.
Fire outbreaks resulting from electrical issues such as short circuits and circuit overloads can be quite deadly. Modern electrical panels contain efficient circuit breakers designed with arc-fault circuit interrupters.
Electrical Panel Maintenance
Electrical panels would require maintenance after some time as the service panel may get worn out over time.
Similarly, dust and debris may settle on different components forcing your electrical panel to malfunction.
A defective electrical panel can damage the electronics connected to it and pose a safety risk for you and your family.
You must address the problem of a faulty electric panel to prevent it from turning into a major concern that would see you spending so much on repairs.
The following signs should tell you that your electric panel is due for maintenance or needs to be replaced:
- Discolored outlets/ burning smell: Overheating occurs when a poor connection in your electric panel leads to a huge generation of power in a small area. As the heat rises, the smell of burning wires and discoloration of outlets would occur. You must endeavor to address this issue as quickly as possible.
- Flickering lights: If you experience flickering of light when household appliances are in use, then your electrical panel may have a poor connection. Similarly, a diminished output by your appliance may be a result of an overloaded circuit. So it could be a sign that your electric panel is outdated and unable to carry the load.
- Constant panel tripping: Once your circuit breaker continues to trip more often, it could be an indication that you are using more appliances than your circuit can carry. Circuit breakers trip off to prevent wires from overheating. Such problems are a sign that you need to replace your circuit breakers.
Why do you need a professional electrician to maintain or replace your electric panel?
Maintaining or replacing your electric panel means that you would be dealing with high voltage levels of live energy. The implication is that a single mistake could lead to a serious injury or even death.
Therefore, we strongly recommend hiring a professional electrical contractor to handle your electric panel needs.
In addition, hiring an electrician would help guarantee a safe and successful experience when maintaining or replacing your electric panel.
RG Electric is the foremost and most reputable electrical contractor in Los Feliz.
We provide end-to-end electrical services, including electric panel installation and maintenance, general wiring, and so much more. Contact us today for a free estimate.